At the outset, let us mention that Sohodox is a document management software application for small businesses and professional firms. Globodox, on the other hand, is an enterprise document management software solution designed for larger organizations. This, of course, does not mean that as a small business, you cannot use Globodox. This blog post will lay out the features of Sohodox and Globodox in brief and in a way that will help you decide which of the two solutions you should choose. So here we go…
Features common to both
- Scan: Sohodox and Globodox both feature a scanning suite that can perform all major scanning-related tasks. Both work with TWAIN compliant scanners.
- Organize: Both the applications allow you to create and work with folders, tags and document types and also let you import/drag-and-drop your entire Windows folder tree to the application. Globodox has an additional way of organizing documents called Stack Types, which will be explained later in this post.
- Find: Quick search, advanced search and saved searches – the three search features will help you find each and every document that is stored in your application – be it Sohodox or Globodox.
- Assign and share documents: Both solutions allow you to assign a document as well share them. Assigning a document transfers the ownership of that document to the user to whom you assign it. Sohodox supports simpler sharing while Globodox let controls how a document is shared. For example Globodox let you specify that the person you are sharing the document with can view the document but not make changes to it.
- User Interface: Globodox and Sohodox both have an MS Outlook type interface which most users would be familiar with. Both are so easy to work with that they can get you productive within hours of being set up.
Features available only in Globodox
- Stack Types: There are times when you need to group documents that are stored in different folders, assigned different tags and may be of different document types; but they have a common purpose; e.g. they may be part of the same project. In such a scenario, how do you group them? Stack types allow you to group them into stacks and store related information like Project Name, Project Manager etc. Note that this feature is available only in Globodox and not in Sohodox.
- Web client: If your Globodox installation has a web client, you can access your database remotely from any corner of the world and perform the same range of tasks you could perform if you were within your office premises! This feature is available only in Globodox Suite, but it can be purchased as a separate add-on module for Globodox Standard.
- Workflow features: Globodox workflow allows you to design a series of tasks within the application, in a way that will help you complete a business process fully or partly, just as if the tasks were being performed in real life. Globodox also allows you to monitor workflows to keep a tab over it. This feature too is built into Globodox Suite, but can be purchased as a separate add-on module for Globodox Standard.
- Draft documents: Like Web Client and Globodox Workflow, the draft document feature too is built into Globodox Suite, but can be purchased as a separate add-on module for Globodox Standard. Draft documents are temporary documents created that need to be reviewed before they can be published as final documents. They have their unique set of permissions. An example of documents that can use this feature is a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual.
Besides the features, you must also look at the number of users who will use the software, your document current and expected volumes as well as your budget. After having considered these features, you should then be in a position to decide whether you want to order licenses of Sohodox, Globodox Standard or Globodox Suite.
Click here to learn more about Sohodox.
Browse through Testimonials from Sohodox customers.