One of the reasons why it is so easy to start using Sohodox and get productive in hours is the ease of adding documents to the Sohodox database. In this post, we will look at the ways in which you can do this.
How to add documents to Sohodox
- Add documents from disk: This is a simple way to add a document when there are just a couple of documents to be added. It works just like when attaching a file to an email you are composing. All you do is click the Add From Disk button from the ribbon bar, select from the pop-up window the document you want to add to Sohodox and click ‘Open’. Your document is added to the All Documents node!
- Find and add documents: Do you want to add several documents from different folders at once? Then this is your best option. Click the arrow on the Add From Disk button from the ribbon bar. This opens up a window in Sohodox, which allows you to select various folders on your computer and choose which files to add, by searching for them by keywords. You can also specify exceptions; e.g. if the folder that you have selected contains .pdf, .doc, .tiff, .jpeg files and if you only want to add .pdf files to the database, then you can use an exception which will add the .pdf files and exclude the remaining files.
- Add existing folder structure along with the documents: Sohodox allows you to add the entire folder structure from your local machine. It does not in any way alter the structure. The entire folder tree remains intact – so you don’t need to waste time recreating the folders and sub-folders or adding documents to their original folders. This is a really fast way to get your documents across to Sohodox and get productive right away!
- Drag and drop option: Sohodox allows 4 types of drag-and-drop actions – of folders, of documents, of an image from a web page and of text from a document or web page. Note that drag-and-drop for images work only for Internet Explorer and Google Chrome as of now. It may not work for other browsers.
- Replace a document with another: In the middle of a busy day, if you imported the wrong document to Sohodox, you can correct the action, using this feature. All you need to do is select from the list pane the document you want to replace, click the More button from the ribbon bar, click Replace from disk… and from the window that pops up, select the correct document that needs to be imported into Sohodox. That’s it! You can even replace a document with a scanned document; e.g. if the document that needs to be imported is still in paper form, you can scan it and save it to replace the incorrect document.
Why not explore these features and discover a few quick ways to work with documents using Sohodox!
Not tried Sohodox yet? Try Free now
Still evaluating? Order Sohodox today!