Software makers that assure you of paperless existence are telling you a half truth. Paper isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and so, what you actually need is a powerful document scanning software which is efficient in streamlining your documents. As a small organization you should always be on the lookout for a product which offers enough bang for the buck and Sohodox does just that.
Sohodox is more than just any other scanning software, as it helps you to:
- Sohodox is a central repository which can store, sort, search and retrieve your documents with a single click of your mouse saving your time spent on finding files.
- To organize your documents in an easy way, Sohodox has an option to link your scanned documents. You can also link a document to an existing document in Sohodox as soon as it gets scanned, so that finding them wouldn’t be a tall order.
- Sohodox has great indexing options in place for you to store information with each document type e.g. Invoice Number and Invoice Date. You could add notes, stamps or signature to a document making it more search-friendly.
- You can store your documents folder-wise or just attach multiple text tags to them. The best way to relate documents is using a combination of these two features. With such great organizational features, Sohodox will let you locate documents in a real quick way.
- Sohodox comes with a built-in OCR extractor which makes text in images fully searchable. Text can also be extracted from MS Word documents, PowerPoint files, Excel files, Web pages and Email messages.
- A constantly available option for users to search for documents is quick search. It is located on the top right corner and will help you filter through the database to retrieve right documents.
- Along with general searches, Sohodox also has options to create multi-condition queries (for e.g., “All invoices under $500 from January 2008”) to search for specific documents. These queries can be stored and re-used in the future saving your time.
- Access to a document can be controlled on a per document level with the help of Sohodox. Though Sohodox has been designed to be a multi-user software, every user has private folders that no one else can access.
- Documents that are meant to be confidential can be arranged in private folders while those which need to be shared with other users can be added to a public folder.
- Sohodox allows you to scan files and save them as PDF, TIFF or PNG files. You can also specify a particular folder for Sohodox to automatically import files from your computer. It is a great feature for scanners that are not TWAIN compatible but store documents to a folder
- Duplex scanning on scanners which do not support duplex scanning can be achieved with the help of Sohodox. Multiple document addition features reduce scanning time drastically.